This guide refers to the setup and configuration of Sendside SecureSync for Windows Live. If you're not familiar with SecureSync or require additional background information, please view our Getting Started with SecureSync Article before proceeding.
Creating Your Account (Windows Live)
From the File Tab (or menu) in Windows Live, there will be an Options button. This is located underneath the Account Information Section. Click on Email Accounts.
At the bottom of the dialog box, there is an option to Manually configure your server settings. Choose "Manually configure server settings or additional server types" and continue to the next step.
Select the Option Email Account.
Enter your Sync Credentials on this page.
SecureSync Email Address: This is your <Sendside ID>@securesyncmail.com (Example: suziq.<org>@securesyncmail.com)
Password: This will be your sendside account password.
Check the option to Manually configure server settings.
For the next screen, please use the following information:
1. Set Server Type to IMAP
2. Enter Incoming Server Address: mail.securesyncmail.com
3. Check Requires a Secure Connection (SSL)
4. Set Port to 993
5. Outgoing Server address: mail.securesyncmail.com
6. Check Requires a secure connection (SSL)
7. Check Requires authentication
8. Set Port to 587
9. User Name. This is the same as your SecureSync Email Address. (Example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Once you close this screen and click "Next". After that is complete, Microsoft will send a test message which will appear in your new Inbox.
You should now be live on SecureSync!